Jared Followill is the lead singer of Kings of Leon. He was born in Memphis, Tennessee, and grew up with his siblings. Jared’s father was a Southern Baptist minister who ran an unsuccessful campaign for Governor of Tennessee. His mother is a nurse and he has two sisters. One sister, Johanna, also sings backup vocals in the band. Their family moved around often because his dad had to find new jobs due to downsizing at various churches that he pastored before they settled down in Nashville when he was 13 years old where they began playing music together as The Followills. After their parents divorced when Jared was 12, he became a follower of After. He’s been arrested several times for marijuana and alcohol while underage in Rolling Stone magazine according to the report.
Jared Followill is the lead singer for the Grammy award-winning band, Kings of Leon. He also has his own solo project called Quiet Company and he’s a pretty talented artist in general. Here are 5 things you might not have known about him:
- Jared was born on December 25th, 1980 in Oklahoma City;
- He is married to model Lily Aldridge;
- His favorite drink is whiskey on ice with ginger ale and lemonade;
- The song “Sex On Fire” by Kings of Leon was inspired by Scarlett Johansson;
- He has been performing since he was 13 years old.